by Beth Johnson, Communication Manager, Salsa
I recently had the opportunity to attend New Organizing Institute’s (NOI) Social Media Strategy training. Spread out over two information-filled days, this training was so well done, I just had to share it with the Salsa community. Each day consisted of lecture style sessions followed by a chance to get your hands dirty in group or individual breakout sessions. The experts were not only super knowledgeable (think Beth Becker, Alan Rosenblatt and Evan Sutton) but uber helpful too.
Here are my top five takeaways in 140 characters or less (this is a social media theme, after all).
- There are 252 social networks in the world- success is about the way you use a few, not the number you are on.
- If people are on social networks at all, chances are good they are at least on Facebook (93%, in fact).
- When it comes to Facebook posts, the algorithm likes photo albums the most, then individual photos, then video. Surprise!
- If you’re looking for a new way to incorporate social media chatter into your blog posts, check out Storify.
- Metrics matter, and there are about a billion systems out there to track your presence. I’m learning about TweetReach and Crowdbooster.
The bottom line- if you have a chance to go to an NOI training- do it. Here’s their upcoming events list.