Fundraising is always on your mind. From planning different events to finding prospective donors, your nonprofit organization needs effective online fundraising software to juggle it all.
Each nonprofit is unique with its own needs, so a one-size-fits-all toolkit won’t always be the most useful choice. However, it can take hours of research to find the tools that are best suited for your organization, so we’ve decided to do that tedious work for you. In this guide, we’ll review 6 different online fundraising platforms to cater to your needs:
Raising money and bringing in more donations is your number one goal. Don’t miss out by not updating your online fundraising game! Read on to get started.
1. Salsa Engage - Top Online Fundraising Platform
Using robust online fundraising software can revolutionize the way your organization conducts events and raises donations. When you’re looking to invest in a new fundraising platform, remember that solutions with comprehensive features can give you a more holistic solution that addresses multiple needs at once. Our top pick for you is: Salsa Engage.
Overview of Salsa Engage
Salsa Engage is an online fundraising platform that helps organizations attract new donors while further developing existing donor relationships. With a wide range of intuitive and easy-to-use tools, Salsa Engage can help your nonprofit improve the online donor experience as a whole. Both you and your donors will be thankful!
Salsa Engage’s Online Fundraising Features
Salsa Engage offers a wide range of capabilities that will up your nonprofit’s fundraising game and save time and money. Your online fundraising platform should be making your life easier as well as your donors’. With Salsa Engage, you will be able to:
- Customize your online donation forms - Your donation form is the most important point of direct interaction with donors, so you should be able to choose exactly what goes on there. Offer multiple donation options like both one-time and recurring gifts and even include suggested donation amounts. Embed your donation form into a page or widget on your website!
- Offer easy online event registration - Easily create event registration pages with tons of options. Offer different registration levels at different prices and time frames. With an intuitive drag-and-drop form builder, you can completely customize the event registration experience for supporters.
- Easily conduct peer-to-peer fundraising pages - Peer-to-peer fundraising is one of the best ways to raise money while also spreading the message of your cause. With Salsa Engage, launching a peer-to-peer fundraising campaign is easier than ever! Make individual pages for each volunteer and track their progress.
- Set up automated appreciation emails - Once a donation has been made or your event has successfully come to a close, use Salsa Engage to send your supporters the words of gratitude that your nonprofit feels. Be sure to personalize these messages for a more individualized experience.
- Centralize your efforts with an online fundraising dashboard - While Salsa Engage helps launch your fundraising events and automates your email, it also provides a centralized place for you to see all the action. With access to a customizable online fundraising dashboard, your nonprofit can effortlessly track its most important fundraising metrics!
Why Salsa Engage Stands Out
Salsa Engage is our top choice for an online fundraising platform because it both improves relationships with your donors and leads the way for rapid fundraising growth. An all-in-one platform will help your nonprofit attract supporters to event pages, promote giving with an accessible and encouraging donation form, and thank your donors with personalized and thoughtful messages.
Salsa Engage can also effortlessly merge with your nonprofit’s constituent relationship management system (CRM), also known as your donor database. Salsa offers its own integrated database solution called Salsa CRM, but the Salsa Engage suite also integrates with Salesforce, another popular CRM solution for nonprofits.
Merging your online fundraising platform with your nonprofit’s CRM can provide a major boost to your ability to track key donor engagement metrics, leading to more intelligent (and impactful) fundraising campaigns in the long run!
2. Salsa CRM - Top Online Fundraising Platform for Donor Management
Once your nonprofit starts to bring in donations and grow to a certain size, it’s probably time to think about upgrading your donor management system. The right CRM system for your nonprofit will centralize your donor information in an intuitive and strategic way to help you understand and improve your nonprofit’s performance. Let’s take a look at Salsa CRM.
Overview of Salsa CRM
Salsa CRM is a donor management platform that will help your nonprofit compile profiles for your donors while tracking key engagement metrics. With Salsa CRM, you can learn more about your donors than ever before, helping you generate more useful and actionable insights to guide your fundraising strategies.
Salsa CRM’s Donor Management Features
See how you engage with your donors over time and track your nonprofit’s growth with Salsa CRM. This online fundraising platform comes with a built-in set of tools that provide your nonprofit with:
- Donor profiles - Salsa CRM compiles profiles for your donors that are rich in contact information, relationships, interests, demographics, social media accounts, and more. Plus, Salsa CRM includes features to check for inaccuracies in your database and automatically detect duplicate profiles!
- Donation tracking -You’ll be able to easily access donation information for each donor or broader segment of your donor base with custom fields and donation histories!
- A donor management and fundraising dashboard - With a dashboard that you can customize to your nonprofit’s needs, you can view real-time data and access key metrics to help you make more informed marketing and donor management decisions. This level of centralization makes it easier than ever to stay focused on retention while also growing your donor base with new campaigns.
Why Salsa CRM Stands Out
If you invest in Salsa CRM to manage your donor data, the package also includes the Salsa Engage suite of fundraising software! With your online fundraising platform and donor management system integrated and working together, your online and offline data will be consolidated in a secure place.
3. WealthEngine - Top Online Fundraising Platform for Wealth Screening
To really increase fundraising, make the effort to learn more about your donors, and then use these insights to craft more effective communication strategies.
When you begin the donor research process, your donors’ wealth indicators are likely the most important and immediately useful data points to analyze. This can give you a clue into each person’s ability to give and if they have the potential to become a major donor. One of our favorite picks with wealth screening capabilities is WealthEngine.
Overview of WealthEngine
WealthEngine is an online fundraising platform that specializes in prospect engagement and unique wealth data research tools. What does that mean? Well, if your nonprofit wants to examine a donor’s ability to give, you can use WealthEngine to look at a donor’s profile and assess their wealth indicators.
WealthEngine’s Online Fundraising Features
Your team shouldn’t need to waste time manually sifting through a ton of donor research to find the wealth data you’re looking for. With WealthEngine, your nonprofit can screen donors faster than ever. From metric targeting to donor segmentation, WealthEngine can:
- Reveal insights with the search tool - WealthEngine’s search tool allows you to search, tag, filter, and favorite profiles as a way to organize your donors. The search tool has access to a database of 180 million US-based homes and 250 million adults, so if you need a piece of data, WealthEngine can help.
- Segment donors by different metrics - As WealthEngine keeps track of more and more metrics, you can really dig into the data and pinpoint which wealth and lifestyle indicators motivate each donation. Once you know these traits, you can more accurately segment your donors and launch more individualized marketing strategies to target prospects and retain supporters.
- Prioritize targets - If you want to target and increase your large gifts, WealthEngine can reveal which wealth indicators are most common among your existing major donors. You can choose to prioritize this audience when you plan your next fundraising event.
Why WealthEngine Stands Out
Still having trouble determining where to start with conducting a wealth screening of your donors? WealthEngine offers a personalized “Propensity to Spend” (P2S) score that can help you more effectively measure their ability to give. Easily customize the wealth metrics that your nonprofit values (even down to the level of jewelry assets and vacation plans) to measure a donor’s ability to give.
4. DonorSearch - Top Online Fundraising Platform for Prospect Research
The more you learn from your donors, the better you will be able to cater to their needs as well as ask them for the right kind of support. That’s why most nonprofits perform prospect research on their donors. Prospect research is the process of studying your donor data to find out not only why they donated, but also if they will donate again or possibly become a major donor. That’s where DonorSearch comes in.
Overview of DonorSearch
DonorSearch is a prospect research online fundraising platform that helps nonprofits and other organizations work to reveal the most viable prospective major gift donors, annual fund donors, and planned gift donors.
In addition to exploring each donor’s wealth factors, DonorSearch also prioritizes philanthropic indicators. In other words, their tools help you determine both a prospect’s ability to give (how much money they have) and their affinity to give (how likely they are to donate).
DonorSearch’s Online Fundraising Features
DonorSearch provides tools to screen your donors for their wealth indicators as well as analyze philanthropic factors to find new prospects. With DonorSearch, you will have access to:
- The largest philanthropic database - You’ll rarely find yourself frustrated with a lack of information with DonorSearch’s charitable giving database. With over 150 million records, you will surely be able to measure a prospect’s affinity to give.
- Wealth markers tracker - DonorSearch’s screening tools can wealth screen your donors for you, keeping track of key metrics like real estate ownership, stock ownership, and business affiliations. These factors can reliably predict how likely a donor will become a major donor, annual donor, or planned gift donor
- ProspectView online - It’s important for online fundraising platforms to make it easy for your team to actually view and use all of your data. ProspectView gives you access to accurate data when you want it. You can see wealth markers and philanthropic activity all on your dashboard.
Why DonorSearch Stands Out
DonorSearch is the only donor screening and prospect research platform that puts emphasis on philanthropic indicators. A donor’s affinity for giving is just as important, if not more, than their ability to give. There are plenty of people who have large amounts of money but decide not to use it charitably. Making sure your online fundraising platform covers both bases will give you the most actionable insights into your donor base.
5. Double the Donation - Top Online Fundraising Platform for Matching Gifts
One of the best and easiest ways to leverage your fundraising game is through corporate matching gift programs. If your nonprofit doesn’t already take advantage of matching gifts, then you are missing out on a valuable revenue channel.
A corporate matching gift program can double or even triple a donor’s gift. If a business has a matching gift program, then they will match an employee’s donation to an eligible charitable cause at a predefined ratio. To take advantage of this, look for an online fundraising platform with a matching gift tool and database. One popular favorite is Double the Donation.
Overview of Double the Donation
Double the Donation is a fundraising software that makes pursuing matching gifts incredibly easy and accessible for your nonprofit and donors. With a comprehensive matching gift database and intuitive search tool, you can screen for eligible donors, and your donors will be able to look up their employers’ policies.
Double the Donation’s Online Fundraising Features
If you decide to invest in Double the Donation, you also have the option of purchasing 360MatchPro. With this platform your nonprofit can track matching gift eligible donors, automate your matching gift outreach, and conduct thorough data analysis. Don’t miss out on these Double the Donation features:
- Matching gift database - Never fear missing out on important data on relevant corporations. Double the Donation has the largest and most accurate database for matching gifts in the nonprofit sector.
- Matching gift automation - With 360MatchPro, Double the Donation’s most advanced package, your nonprofit can automatically identify matching gift eligibility and initiate the outreach process of pursuing a match.
- Access to forms, guidelines, and instructions - When you decide to use Double the Donation, your donors can take advantage of the program and see their employer’s specific matching gift form, guidelines, and instructions, all on your nonprofit’s website.
Why Double the Donation Stands Out
A matching gift tool works best when it works smoothly alongside your existing online fundraising platform. With partnerships across the nonprofit technology space, Double the Donation has far-reaching integration capabilities. This makes it easy to add Double the Donation’s matching gift tool to your nonprofit’s website, whether it’s your donation form or confirmation page.
6. ShowClix - Top Online Fundraising Platform for Event Ticketing
One of the things nonprofits invest time and money into is planning and running events. Selling tickets to an event is a great way for your nonprofit to raise money and add an extra source of revenue. If your nonprofit has events lined up throughout the year, an online fundraising platform for event ticketing can help you sell and manage these funds. One top pick is ShowClix.
Overview of ShowClix
ShowClix is event ticketing software with full-service features to handle ticket sales, marketing, and on-site support for your events. With customization options and an easy-to-use interface, ShowClix doesn’t only make things easier for you as the event planner, but it also improves the attendee experience.
ShowClix’s Online Fundraising Features
Fundraising events can be a huge success when done right, raising money for your cause while also bringing positive press to your brand. With ShowClix, you can access an abundance of features and tools to make this success a reality. Here’s a rundown of some highlights:
- Total ticketing management - ShowClix will help you manage ticket sales from the very beginning of the process to the end. Customize your table or seating plans, manage your coupons and deals, and process forms easily
- Customer satisfaction -Your online fundraising platform shouldn’t just be for you, but for your supporters as well. ShowClix makes purchasing tickets more convenient with mobile ticket delivery. Easily create beautiful event pages that work on any device and your own website to provide an aesthetically pleasing platform for your supporters.
- Low pricing - ShowClix charges a minuscule fee that most organizations pass on to their ticket patrons. Most nonprofits save a ton of money by processing their online ticketing through this platform.
Why ShowClix Stands Out
ShowClix is a top choice for event ticketing software because of its intuitive and aesthetically pleasing interface. They know first impressions are important for an event, so they make sure each event page is beautiful and engaging so that it matches their brand. And if your team isn’t incredibly confident in your internal nonprofit’s web design skills, ShowClix has a talented graphic design team that can help you out!
Upgrading your nonprofit’s fundraising platform can be daunting, especially if you don’t know where to start. Your nonprofit is working toward a specific goal, and your suite of online tools should only help you get there. Hopefully, this list gives your nonprofit some guidance, and you can start increasing donations today!
Be sure to continue your research with a few more resources:
- Fundraising Software: 9 Amazing Platforms for Nonprofits. If you want to learn about more amazing platforms for your nonprofit, check out this great compilation!
- Perfect Your Nonprofit Marketing Plan: 11 Steps to Success. Planning a new event? Make sure you perfect your marketing strategy with this guide.
- 15 Fundraising Event Software and Tools for Nonprofit Fundraising. Your event should have the right fundraising event software and tools to get you the donations you need. Read this guide to learn more!