by Beth Johnson, Communication Manager, Salsa
In case you haven’t noticed, we’ve been talking a lot about public relations and how new technology allows even the smallest nonprofit to engage in PR efforts. Today we’re debuting a new white paper all about the subject, Public Relations and Nonprofits: The Power of Technology. It covers things like:
- Basic PR tools and tactics
- The way PR has changed in the digital age
- New technology options that make PR easier and less expensive
- A case study with tips for a multi-faceted campaign
In addition, you’ll learn about a few tools you probably already have that can be repurposed for PR. Everything from using Salsa (or your CRM) to manage media lists to implementing Attentive.ly to gage media engagement on Twitter to utilizing your organization’s website to host media materials and more.
You don’t have to have a huge budget or a dedicated PR person on staff anymore to spread your message through the media effectively and reach your target audience. Download Public Relations and Nonprofits: The Power of Technology or check out some of our other PR resources:
- Easily Get Media Engaged in Your Cause with PR in the Digital Age- This recorded webinar explains where PR is today and how you can implement a campaign of your own.
- PR for Nonprofits- Co-founder of the PR firm WilkinsonShein, Leah Wilkinson introduces the basic concepts of PR, for those who may not have studied it in the classroom.
- PR Resources: The Old Faithful, The Free, The Cheap and Much, Much More- Another posting from Leah Wilkinson with a super-useful list of PR tools.
Good luck implementing your PR campaign and don’t forget to share the results.