Do you tweet? Do you know what a tweet is (be honest). If the answer is no to either of those questions, this new white paper from Salsa partner Media Cause is a must-read for you.
We've covered all the basics in our new social media guide from from signing up and creating your profile for your nonprofit to different types of tweets and community engagement.
Here are a few key takeaways from the white paper, in 140 characters, of course:
- Your strategy for using Twitter is highly personalized- it’s all about your goals, content resources and capacity
- Your bio matters- users with a bio have 8 times more followers on average than users without a bio
- Use a direct message instead of an @mention for things like getting personal info, asking multiple questions or correcting a mistake
- Consider the 60-30-10 rule for content- 60% retweets, 30% conversation and response, 10% announcements and events
- Don’t use all 140 characters- you’ll limit potential interactions