If you are a Social Media Manager, you know that most people don’t understand (or have a clue, really) what it is you do nor the daily obstacles you have to overcome. There are certain stresses that you go through every day. Every day. We’ve put together a list of 10 stresses we think you’ll appreciate. We know there are more, but we decided to stop at ten.
1. Facebook is continually changing their algorithm, and you can’t keep up.
2. Trying to be on every social media channel-- don’t do it. You’ll go crazy.
3. Managing social media isn’t a 9-5 job, it’s a 24/7 gig...
4. Tweeting from the wrong account is your biggest fear!
5. Always trying to find a new and creative holiday to post about-- National Punch Your Neighbor Day? Sure.
6. When you make a mistake in your post, people don’t give you a minute to correct it- the grammar police is at your doorstep right away.
7. When someone says, “Your job is so easy, just playing on Facebook all day.”
8. You feel like you’re in customer service replying to everyone’s comments, tweets and posts.
9. When someone makes a rude comment and all you want to do is respond with something just as rude, you remember...
10. When you wake up in the morning and find out there’s another tool out there you’ve never heard of...
You know it isn’t as easy and glamorous as people think. With social media constantly changing, keeping up is difficult. However, even with all the stresses that come along with the job, it is still one of the BEST jobs out there!