Here are five nonprofits taking a stand against gun violence:
1) The Brady Campaign (http://www.bradycampaign.org)
The mission of the Brady organization is to create a safer America for all of us that will lead to a dramatic reduction in gun deaths and injuries.
2) The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (http://csgv.org/)
CSGV seeks to secure freedom from gun violence through research, strategic engagement and effective policy advocacy.
3) Newtown Action Alliance (newtownaction.org)
Newtown Action is an action-based grassroots organization founded by Newtown residents in the weeks after December 14, 2012. We are dedicated to reversing the escalating gun violence epidemic in this nation through the introduction of smarter, safer gun laws and broader cultural change.
4) States United to Prevent Gun Violence (http://www.ceasefireusa.org)
States United to Prevent Gun Violence is a national non-profit organization dedicated to making our families and communities safer. Our mission is to support state-based gun violence prevention organizations and to bring new partners into the movement.
5) Everytown for Gun Safety (http://everytown.org)
Everytown is a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities.