Did you check out our recent webinar, “Get Schooled in Donor Cultivation”? I hope so! It covered everything from the importance of nurturing your donors to step-by-step instructions on how to get started in Salsa. But if you weren’t able to attend, we missed you!
To find out what you missed, you can:
- View the full slideshow presentation
- Watch the full video below
- Or if you’re looking for a quick recap from the webinar, then we’ve got that too! Keep reading.
What did we learn about donor cultivation?
Donors are some of your most important stakeholders. Once someone donates to your organization, your relationship with them is even more valuable than the money. But how do you nurture that donor relationship?
The donor cultivation cycle includes four steps:
- Solicitation (The “Ask”)
- Stewardship (this webinar focuses on Salsa skills to help you in this step)
After a donor makes any kind of donation to your organization - online or offline - donor stewardship builds the relationship between your organization and the donor. Donor stewardship accomplishes the following:
- Builds a long-term relationship
- Discovers what motivates a donor to give
- Isolates patterns in donor giving
The more you know about a donors' motives and how they like to give, the better positioned you are to make effective solicitations in the future.
A post-donation drip campaign can keep your organization at the top of your donor's mind over a longer period of time while earning you a stronger relationship and more information about why your donor gives.
Which Salsa-specific skills were covered?
This webinar also teaches you how to:
- Redirect online donors to a personalized thank you page
- Automatically send online donors a customized donation receipt
- Add a post-donation email drip campaign to your online donation pages
We hope you can join us for our future events and trainings. Check out our full listing of upcoming events.