By Ira Horowitz, Cornershop Creative
A few months ago, we introduced the Salsa Donation Form Mobilizer, which showcased our partnership with Salsa Labs to make any donation form mobile friendly for your users.
Today, we’re excited to announce that we are providing a version of this code for all to enjoy — for free!
That’s right, every donation and advocacy form on your site can be mobile responsive with very little effort and no additional cost, as we’ve open sourced the codebase so you can use (and modify it) as much as you want.
It’s easy to get started:
- Download our codebase from GitHub
- Take the mobilizr.css file from the project
- Upload it to your Salsa instance (the same way you’d upload an image or other asset)
- Place a reference to the just-uploaded CSS file in your template
- Ta-da! The Salsa-generated parts of your advocacy and donation forms are now mobile-friendlier.
This will not make any changes to your header or footer, so you’ll need to make your own CSS adjustments to those to get truly responsive — but with a little CSS love, you can easily make the rest of your template look just as nice on a mobile phone or tablet.
We hope many clients will be able to implement this themselves and take advantage of this new codebase. For others who may not feel comfortable doing it, we’re still here to help implement this at a reasonable cost! Just give us a shout out and we’d be happy to take care of it for you.