With our FUSE conference approaching in just a couple days, we thought we would share what has been going on over here at Salsa. After talking to all our conference planners, we’ve figured out what goes on in the mind of a nonprofit event planner. If you’ve ever planned a big event before, you’d be lying if you said you didn’t go through these 8 stages...
- Refusal- “This isn’t happening. This isn’t happening.” If I say it enough times it comes true, right?"
- Animosity- “That’s it, I’m quitting!"
- Negotiation- “I won’t take a lunch break for the next year and you can have my bonus if we don’t have this conference!"
- Depression- “Guess it’s a Netflix and ice cream kind of night."
- Stress- “No one even think about speaking to me until this conference is over!"
- Panic- “What if no one shows up? What if the food is bad? What if there’s a fire?"
- Acceptance- “Well, I guess this is really happening. Here goes nothing."
- Celebration- Congratulations! Whether or not the conference went well, it’s OVER! People celebrate in different ways, so pick your poison…