We're giving you an inside look at Salsa and an opportunity to get to know our awesome staff a little better. Since yesterday was Labor Day, we're shining a Tuesday Spotlight instead. Hope you don’t mind...enjoy!
Name: Robert Berry
Title: Support Specialist
1. In 140 characters, what does your job entail?
I assist our clients who've run into trouble via phone and ZenDesk, while maintaining that high satisfaction rate our support is famous for!
2. When you’re not at work, you can be found...
Either I’m in a play, or getting some sound work together for a play around town. Yep, Salsa’s got another person with ties to the theatre. My girlfriend and I will also be found taking care of this little guy, Jasper.
3. What’s something that most people don’t know about you?
Most people don’t know that I once played a clarinet. Who plays clarinet?!
4. What is the theme song of your life?
Being from Kansas originally, it probably has to be “Carry on My Wayward Son.” Well, that or Koyaanisqatsi. One of the two.
5. What drink best describes you and why?
Dr. Pepper: Because I’m not a real doctor, but I’ve played one on TV. Well, not on TV, but on stage somewhere.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
In the world would be Croatia, or New Zealand. I wouldn’t mind going back to Germany. Outside of it, I wouldn’t mind a jaunt up to the International Space Station (ISS) just to say I’ve done it.
7. What’s your favorite food?
I revealed my love for blueberries in my inaugural “5 Things” post, but my favorite type of sandwich is a Muffaletta, my favorite steak is at the Dakota in L.A., and my favorite chicken is the fried stuff at the Blue Ribbon in NYC. Once I found out I could leave Kansas, I really went for it.
8. Who is your celebrity crush and why?
There are so many smart, attractive women in Hollywood these days, it’s hard to say. But definitely Natalie Portman.
9. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Hey, hey, hey! Watch my Helmet!” --Dark Helmet, Spaceballs: The Movie
10. What is your favorite part about working at Salsa?
The people. Everyone I’ve come in contact with so far has proven to be amazing in many different ways. Being "the new guy", it sure is good to feel supported, especially in support!