Tomorrow is a big day - we're kicking off #FUSEcon2014! (If you're as excited as we are and can't wait a few more hours until the big event begins, join the discussion on our Facebook event page to connect with other conference attendees.)
This year we’ve moved the event to an exciting new venue, the Ernst Community Cultural Center at the Annandale campus of the Northern Virginia Community College. We’ve gotten a lot of questions about it - mainly how do I get there?!
OK, well aside from directions we wanted to share a few fun facts about Ernst Community Cultural Center and the Annandale campus so you know a bit about it before you arrive for lots of learning, networking and online organizing.
1. The Annandale campus is home to over 23,000 students.
2. In 1967, NOVA opened a new building on the Annandale Campus making it the first of six permanent campus sites.
3. The Annandale Campus is the largest NOVA campus site with 15 buildings.
4. The Ernst Community Cultural Center opened in 1991.
5. The Cultural Center houses three to seven events per day.
6. The Ernst Cultural Center hosts productions by the school's theater department.
7. The Ernst Cultural Center gymnasium hosts NOVA sporting events and intramural games.
8. The Center serves multiple purposes and can accommodate group sizes from 5 to 500 or more people.
9. The Lifetime Learning Institute (LLI) is a non-profit organization, sponsored by the Northern Virginia Community College (Annandale) for adults 50 years of age or older. It offers academic, cultural, recreational, and health-oriented activities. The LLI offers varying summer activities for the adults, which take place each day.
10. Rhythmaya Dance held its Fifth Annual Charity Showcase, “Aishwarya – True Wealth is the Arts.” Over 190 students and troupe members performed at Richard J. Ernst Community Cultural Center in Annandale to support and benefit the charity Friendship Place DC; which provides funding for shelter, healthcare, education, and psychiatric care for the homeless of the DC Metro Region.