It’s the end of January and everyone is putting the finishing touches on their “numbers” from 2013. Well, in the social media world, 2013 was pretty explosive – and that is putting it lightly. When the numbers reach into the millions – and BILLIONS – of social media users, you know there are people just waiting to hear from you. And they are.
So, let’s talk about the numbers* for 2013:
- 1.15+ billion Facebook users. Yes. BILLION. (Feel free to take a minute to digest this number)
- 500+ million Twitter and Google+ users
- 238+ million LinkedIn users
- 130+ million Instagram users
Take it in. Those numbers are huge. Ok, so here are some that may actually mean something to you:
- 75% of possible engagement from a FB post will occur in the first 5 hours
- On average, there are more than 400 million tweets sent per day
- 50% of LinkedIn users have an undergraduate or graduate degree
- On Instagram, more than 5 million photos are uploaded daily
Bottom line. Social is where the people are, so to speak. Take a look at this infographic from Digital Insights to see some more astonishing numbers from 2013. And thanks to FrogLoop for making us aware of this cool info!